Sunday 10 February 2013

Greetings and giraffes


Happy Sunday everyone!  Amanda here with my February project using one of the lovely Lindsay’s gorgeous digi stamps.  First, I should introduce myself though, as I don’t get onto the Facebook group as often as I’d like.  I live in Bedfordshire with my college sweetheart Adam, my little collie-sheltie cross Molly, and, since September 2011, my little baby boy Bob.  I’ve been a freelance papercrafts and jewellery designer/demonstrator working mainly through do crafts for a few years.  I’m having a break from demos for a while though, as I’m not yet ready to contemplate leaving little Bob for a whole day.  I’m soooo happy to be on the design team, as Bob takes up as much time as I can give and some housework has to happen, so I’ve been in a bit of a crafting wilderness.  Making a commitment to craft, even just once a month, means I’ll definitely make the time for it, so thank you, you’re all helping me stay sane!

Onto my project… I fell in love with Lindsay's sweet, tottering giraffe straight away.  It's perfect for new baby or first birthday cards, and I’m planning to use it to scrap some piccies I have of Bob’s early walking too.  It also gave me an excuse to use some yummy Tim Holtz papers I bought a couple of weeks ago, as they’re really giraffey colours.  This was my first foray into digital crafting and I really enjoyed it.  Stamps are quite an obsession of mine (after paper of course!), but they are just the one size, and do take up a lot of space.  I loved being able to decide how big to make the image, it opens up so many possibilities!

Anyway, here it is.  I hope you like it.  Full details of what I used are on my blog.  Please stop by and say hello, and don’t forget to enter the challenge!


5 comments:

  1. I adore this image and I love what you have done with him x
    A beautiful card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours and have just realised I am wearibg a dress very very similar right now ! Well done Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ice to "meet" you Amanda! Great debut card! Can't wait to see your scrapped pages too!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the backing papers work so well with the giraffe, you have used him brilliantly, great design great card
    Lots of love
    Debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete